Solar inverters convert DC energy into AC AC power, there are several types:
BATTERY INVERTERS, 12, 24 and 48 vDC.
TYPE OF WAVE:
- Modified Wave: For applications where power quality is not important, eg used in brush-driven tools.
- Pure wave: Similar wave (in the majority of the times better) to that of the net, can be used in any type of electrical equipment.
- Off-grid, simple inverter, converts battery power, and transforms into 230vAC
- In addition to generating 230v power, the inverter / charger also charges the batteries, if necessary, through the electric network or generator
- "Hybrid" inverter, all-in-one. In addition to the inverters / chargers, load regulator for connection of photovoltaic panels
GRID-TIE INVERTERS AND MICRO-INVERTERS
- Available in mono and three-phase versions, they directly convert panel energy into alternating energy, injected into the grid. If the network fails, they do not work.
BI-DIRECTIONAL HYBRID INVERTERS
- For installations connected to the grid in self-consumption, they convert the energy of the panels into AC energy, but if there is a surplus, they store in batteries for later use. They allow isolated operation of the network, but with some limitations.